During my assessment last friday, I was given a few little ideas to add to my project to show that I had considered trying my design on different items. I have already tried it on a T- Shirt and a mug, which I did on Zazzle. I may also try a business card.
Considering what I choose for my FMP, which was an illustration based projects, I am overall happy with how it turned out.
Unfortunately, a lot of the stuff which I had in my original proposal when we started the project I was unable to do because the illustration for my comic had taken up a lot of time since I wanted it to be as good as it can possibly be. I had also considered doing advertisement and a questionnaire, and despite I didn’t have the time to get them done too, I eventually thought that they were both un-necessary since my FMP was primarily an illustration project.
A lot of things I am happy about within this project is how I decided to use a personal style. I wasn’t sure whether or not I wanted to try something different, or try and copy a certain style which inspires me. At the time I was doing it though I never realised or thought of it being a personal style. Considering how it how I have always illustrated since I was younger, and that I never thought I was ever that great at drawing, it made me flick a switch up in my head and think of it more of, as I said, a personal style. Other things I am happy with would include my influences when it comes to vectoring. The work I did here that would include vectors is some of favourite I have done using this style. It really brings across what I wanted and works well with the chosen topic considering it is related to James Bond. My typography related work included in the final piece is also something I am happy with, from the type on the on the front first page to the limited type in my comic.
If there was anything I wasn’t totally happy with in this project was how although my illustrations came out well, they didn’t really bring across what was happening in each panel properly, seen as the edges of the images I did using the brush tool on the Illustrator program were very smooth and slick when what is happening is an action sequence and quite gritty. The illustrative style doesn’t translate it very well.
All in all I am incredibly happy with how my FMP came out from my research and works towards my final piece and it’s finished product.
I have now managed to create a mock up of my comic. Actually I’ve done 2, but that’s not very important. Altogether I’m more than pleased with how they’ve come out. They both have their own pros and cons. For example, the first I printed, which was in A4 and folded to A5, mainly due to the lack of A3 printer I have a home, showed the shadows and and shades clearly. The colour also came out looking slightly like vaguely rusted metal, which I’m not really sure about. Unfortunately the front covers colours were a little too faded, and not as bold as I was wanting.
The second print out, which was printed in A3 and folded to A4, had a much bolder front cover as far as the colour goes, but i found the pages of my illustrations came out a bit too dark, making it difficult to see the shading and small details on the images. The paper quality on this one was better though, since the first was printed on basic printer paper.